Position: Quality Control Assistant Manager
Under the supervision and guidance of Quality Control Management the assistant manager will help with in day-to-day and long lead activities. Represent QC Inspection in various meeting and functions. Interface with internal and external customers to ensure that their needs are met while maintaining company and customer quality expectations. Oversee QC individuals and teams as needed to ensure that work is perform as expected. Review policies and procedures for compliance to Marvin Eng. and customer requirements. Create QC policies, procedures, and metrics. Assist QC management in the preparation of internal and external audits. May be asked to perform work commensurate with the QC Supervisor Level. May be asked to travel for customer or supplier support. Must be willing to work overtime to support QC department and company goals.
1. Must have a college degree in quality, engineering, or equivalent . . . and . . . a minimum of five years experience in aerospace hardware (HW) quality control and quality assurance and must include a minimum of three years in a supervisory position. Or a minimum of ten years experience in aerospace HW quality control and quality assurance with five years in a supervisory position.
2. Must have extensive experience with HW QC processes and procedures for aerospace products.
3. Must have experience with Material Review Boards and the Casual Analyses and Resolution process.
4. Must be able to create and present metrics to support quality status and goals.
5. Must speak excellent English and have strong writing skills.
6. Must be able to create and write QC procedures and work instructions.
7. Must have exceptional team player skills and be able to work with all levels of the company.
8. Must be able to uphold quality and stand firm under the pressure of schedule.
9. Must be able to lead meetings.
10. Must have good typing skills and a firm command of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Note: Y14.5, Six-Sigma, AS/ISO/CMMI Auditor, GD&T, ASQ, and other certifications are a plus. Spanish is a plus.
"VTR is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer"
VTR - 8 months ago