Bredero Shaw is the world’s largest applicator of pipeline coatings for the oil and gas industry for both onshore and offshore pipelines. The company’s head office is located in Houston, Texas with regional offices located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Leith, Scotland, UK; Orkanger, Norway; Sharjah, U.A.E and Singapore. ShawCor Ltd. is a highly successful global energy services company, leading its competitors in all market segments and financially positioned to continue its growth and success well into the future.
Position Summary : Quality Control Coordinator
This position is responsible for the implementation of the Quality Management System at the Plant level and supporting the local plant quality control activities. Responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met during production. Responsible for identifying, analyzing and developing improvements in productivity, quality, client relationships, and customer service. Oversees testing of processes and products. Supervises the quality control process sampling system, procedures and statistical techniques. Specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment. Analyzes production limitations and standards and recommends revision of specifications when needed.
Key Responsibilities :
Work as directed by Sales Manager with focus on direct sales, marketing, and promotional activities including :
- Ensure all the requirements of the Quality Management System are implemented and understood throughout the facility
- Ensure the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard are implemented and understood throughout the facility.
- Interface with customers and internal and external auditors to address and resolve quality issues professionally
- Participate in any local supplier assessment activities required by the facility including audits and documentation review
- Supervise the local QC technicians and other personnel conducting inspection and parameters checks
- Train the local QC technicians and other local personnel regarding test methods and use of inspection and testing equipment.
- Conduct the Quality Introduction Training to all employees and support all activities related to the promotion of awareness and training of the Company QMS
- Ensure all inspection and testing equipment is within calibration when used during production
- Ensure all the raw material testing, in-process and finish product testing is conducted as per the Customer’s and Bredero Shaw’s requirements
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.
- Industry standards: ISO 9001 standard, CSA Z245, NACE, API, ISO, DIN.
- 5+ years experience with Quality Management System (based on ISO 9001)
- NACE Coating inspector course
- Internal auditor (based on ISO 9001)
- Statistical process control
- Supervisor skills training
- Internal ISO auditor certification
ShawCor Ltd. - 19 months ago