Assist in the achievement and act in support of assigned company goals in the Quality Assurance discipline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow instructions contained in the work order and examine final product to confirm completion, according to specification.
- Reviews bills of material (BOM) and routing for accuracy.
- Inspects and compares parts to drawings for a production run
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of in-process and finished components, subassemblies, and products.
- Evaluation of inspection processes, and recommendation of improvements.
- Determines acceptability of rework by conducting inspections.
- Write Non-Conforming Materials Reports when required and be familiar with the process of quarantining products that have been rejected by QA.
- Provide samples and communication to QA and Production Management concerning quality issues when required.
- Identifying relevant quality-related training needs.
- Completes accurate records which include inspection reports, equipment maintenance logs and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Completes records neatly with a goal for 100% accuracy of content and spelling.
- Completes C of C’s and closes W/O’s in ERP system.
- Organizes work and storage areas for efficient workflow.
- Document preparation and other activities for ISO 9001.
- Insures that all associates meet or exceed all activity standards.
- Experience with welding and metal fabrication industry would be a plus.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to use standard bench inspection tools such as Vernier calipers, height gages, micrometers, etc.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, statistics, geometry and their applications.
- ISO9000 protocol
- Safety procedures and protocol.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in Quality Assurance at same position.
Indeed - 8 months ago
ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE SINCE 1984