Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Quality Manager, the Quality Control Inspector will perform electrical, mechanical, and visual inspections on finished goods, in-process products, and incoming raw materials used in the production of products according to documented test and inspection methods.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform all Quality Control activities as required to ensure that production plans and objectives are completed.
- Assist with resolving quality problems within inspection department, such as documentation or non-compliance issues.
- Perform QC Incoming, In-Process, First Article, and Final Inspections following written procedures.
- Perform inspections utilizing automated and semi-automated optical inspection equipment.
- Complete and file quality records including process travelers, certificates of conformance, inspection reports, and non-conforming material reports.
- Review completed process travelers for accuracy and completeness and perform product documentation final release reviews.
- Assist in the establishment, measure, tracking, and trending of quality metrics and objectives as pertaining to Quality Control.
- Receive product, and enter relevant product receipt and inventory transfers into the MfgPro ERP system.
- Assist QA as required to perform first article inspections, non-conformance investigations, and process qualifications.
- Assist Engineering and Quality Assurance to perform component validation and characterization testing.
- Assist in performing transfers of product inspection processes from external organizations to the Bard Electronic Systems facility.
- Other duties as required.
• High School Diploma required.
• At least five years experience performing electro-mechanical inspections in an FDA or ISO regulated environment.
• Duties require knowledge of inspection/sampling techniques and familiarity with ANSI/ASQ Z1.4
• Basic familiarity with FDA QSR and/or ISO 9000/ISO 13485 Quality System Requirements
• Knowledge of electronics assembly and test
• Knowledge of mechanical and physical inspection techniques (calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, blueprint reading, optical comparator, etc.)
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail and “do it right the first time” attitude
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic familiarity with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to utilize a computer to enter data and prepare reports
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma required/
C. R. Bard - 16 months ago
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...