Essential duties and responsibilities include inspecting finished and in process products to ensure conformance with work orders, diagrammatic and/or template specifications. Also includes consistently working in a safe manner, presenting a professional appearance in line with your job responsibilities, and presenting a professional attitude.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of the company may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of the company.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Examines material or product for surface defects such as cracks, pits, and incomplete welds.
- Compares product with parts list or sample model to ensure completion of assembly.
- Verifies specified dimensions of product or material against a blueprint or sample part.
- Makes drawings/sketches of sample parts for repair or production.
- Rejects defective parts, and marks type of defect on an inspection tag and an inspection report.
- Tests parts for hardness.
- Oversees or performs tests on products for structural defects such as leaks, surface cracks, and flow testing.
- Inspects and adjusts gauges, measuring instruments, and testing equipment for conformance.
- Computes unspecified dimensions and other data.
- Inspects accuracy of new gauges and instruments for conformance before they are released for production use.
- Measures centerlines and reference points to verify initial and assembly layout and machine setup.
- Examines finished products for cosmetic appearance.
- Marks parts for acceptance or rejection.
- Makes reports to suggest changes in dies, fixtures, and materials used.
- Reports inspection results.
- Makes sketches and recommends procedure for special salvage or scrapping operations.
- Initiates a corrective action request and performs follow up investigations of corrective action requests.
- Performs first article inspection to release production process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function to the satisfaction of the company.
Education and/or experience level:
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical demand and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands level:
- Ability to lift and handle a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Fabrication and machining environment.