Position Title |
Quality Control Inspector
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life. With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work. MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• QA inspection for all products per Defect Awareness manual for critical, minor and major defects per the appropriate ANSI 1.4 sampling plan and adherence to customer requirements, internal specifications and critical testing variables and data collection.
• Capable of performing all laboratory testing, analytical measurement, and form, fit and function per the appropriate work instruction testing methods for each products.
• Responsible to accurately entering Infinity data, job inspection records, load tags, label accountability, etc.
• Participation in 2nd line clearance for all production lines per standard operating procedures.
• After defects are found when sampling, organize effective mitigation techniques and corrective action plans and material isolation plans to minimize the total impact of the nonconforming material while adhering to all work instructions and management escalation protocols
• Work with Operations to ensure that product specifications are being adhered to along with quality processes and standards.
• Support periodic validation auditing and internal auditing of facility departments to ensure adherence to processes and procedures. Submit finding per procedures.
• Reporting and analysis as needed to include shift-to-shift documentation, communication and hand-off meetings.
• Act as a back-up for other shifts as needed.
• The QA Inspector will work with shift managers when defects are found to ensure zero defectives are released to the customer.
• For all products inspected, consistent application of defect standards and sampling methods and when defects are found immediately apply mitigation techniques to minimize the impact while assisting with the execution of corrective actions and documenting all findings for continuous improvement.
• Ability to work in a demanding, time pressured environment with tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently, resolve problems through proper protocols.
• Ability to effectively work within and improve defined processes
• Good attention to detail a must
• General Statistical process control knowledge required
• Good English communication skills (oral and written)
• Good proofreading and general computer skills
• Good analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of folding carton operations is preferred, but not required.
• Validation, process and internal auditing skills a plus.
• Comfortable with general computer skills and data entry
GENERAL WORKING CONDITION/REQUIREMENTS:
• Schedule is 36/48 working hours every 2 week cycle that rotates to include other weekends that also may include some mandatory backup scheduling.
• Plant conditions-personal protective equipment must be worn as designated by plant safety regulations
• Standing and working is required bulk of time with some keyboard entry and computer mouse
• Some lifting is required, typically less than 40 pounds.
United States of America
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...