Have you ever wanted to work for a world leader in their industry?
SBM Offshore USA Inc. is an integrated EPCI provider of floating production solutions for the deepwater oil and gas industry. SBM Offshore owns and operates the world’s largest fleet of FPSOs which recently achieved more than 1 million barrels of oil per day throughput. SBM Offshore’s global footprint includes 7 execution centers worldwide.
We are proud of our technological innovation, and are a market leader in R&D and technology development. Some of SBM Offshore’s products include FPSOs, Turret Mooring Systems, CALM buoys, TLPs, and Semisubmersibles.
Careers at SBM Offshore offer our employees:
SBM Offshore USA Inc. is currently seeking a Quality Control Inspector . The Quality Control Inspector shall be responsible for the following duties:
- Unique opportunities to participate in the full life-cycle of projects and operations from engineering through construction and installation and throughout production operations
- Experience with a leader in deepwater floating production and mooring systems, in production operations and in terminals and services
- Opportunities for roles in Execution centers, in our construction yards and with our specialized offshore installation vessels.
- A company philosophy of exposing talented individuals to all parts of the business which provides opportunities to expand their personal tool kits.
- Review technical criteria (e.g.: Drawings, Specifications, Procedures, other technical documents, etc.), relative to Purchase Order packages for which the Inspector has been assigned responsibility, to ensure adequate awareness of requirements so as to conduct Inspections in a professional manner.
- Responsibility for timely and professional release of the packages and submission of all inspection related documents.
- Maintains a point of contact, as far as inspection support is concerned, between Vendor and SBM Offshore Group.
- Issue in a timely manner documentation of Inspection results (ex. Inspection and Expediting Reports, Inspections Release Certificates, Outstanding Work List, and NCR’s, etc. as applicable), as a record of acceptability of Vendor’s product/service.
- Maintains a close working relationship with Inspection Coordinator to ensure that any changed to work dates, inspections requirements, etc. are reported and added to Vendor Inspection Plan.
- Ensures that any changes to Ex Works dates, inspection requirements etc. are reported and added to Vendor Inspection Plan.
- Works against approved documents and is not responsible for technical integrity of the package, which remains Package Engineer responsibility.
- Liaise with Vendor in order to obtain all necessary information needed for planning and execution of inspections.
Established qualification in a specialist discipline from University or Engineering School or relevant certifications. 7 years relevant experience as a discipline specialist. Good knowledge of specialized engineering systems and technology. Safety training in construction related work. Accurate reporting abilities required. Basic computer and software skills to include the use of Microsoft: Words, Excel, Outlook. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to multi-tasks and prioritize. If discipline includes Inspections of metal fabrication processes, NDE expertise must be verified through ASNT or equivalent Certification (at least at a level 2) and/or CWI certification.
Headquartered in West Houston’s Energy Corridor, the Houston Execution Center of SBM Offshore offers excellent benefits, tremendous opportunities for qualified professionals, and competitive salary and benefits packages** (3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, 401(k) Plan, 4-1/2 Day Work week, AD&D, Bonus Plan, Education Reimbursement Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Medical and Dental Plans, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance and Employee Stock Purchase Plan). **subject to employment status
The SBM Offshore Group is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
SBM Offshore - 14 months ago