Sub Surface Tools, a Superior Energy Services Company, has become one of the foremost providers of rental equipment for drilling, completion and workover operations in the industry. Our complete line of pressure control equipment, tubular products and specialty items, combined with our technical expertise, outstanding customer service and ISO 9001:2000 certification sets us apart. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
Sub Surface Tools is offering an incredible opportunity to exceptional candidates who desire to have a long and productive career within the oil and gas industry. We are currently seeking a Quality Control Inspector to join our Morgan City, LA team and provide NDT, visual and dimensional inspection of drill pipe, drill collars & heavy weights.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take measurements, buff, clean, and eventually perform NDT of our equipment which will include black light testing and visual inspection.
- Interpret and record results of inspection and tests. Assign status to products based upon interpretations.
- Read and interpret specifications and procedures.
- Maintain professional relations with customers as well as others within company.
- Understand the principle of traceability and assure that production process sequences do not hinder clear traceability.
- Know and understand Sub Surface Tools Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System
- Manual, Quality Procedures Manual, and applicable Department Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for attending safety meetings, following company rules and being aware of dangers
- Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
Education: High School diploma, or GED, is strongly preferred.
- Able to take measurements
- 1+ years experience working with drill pipe or downhole oil tools preferred
- 1+ year experience performing mechanical review and test on oil equipment preferred
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to life 50 lbs as needed
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply Now”. If you experience difficulties in the process or have questions, please call 1-866-771-4490 or chat with our online support staff at Live Chat Support, between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central Time.