Manage laboratory operations to provide the information base for product quality control, and milk payments programs, and to assure compliance with government standards and regulations.
- Maintain and verify detailed and accurate records of laboratory protocols and on-going operations.
- Administer on-going proficiency testing across the two company laboratories.
- Create, review, communicate and distribute reports to production departments and administrative personnel and certificates to customers.
- Maintain and update documented testing protocols; implement standard laboratory procedures throughout the laboratory.
- Maintain Oregon Department of Agriculture IMS certifications for laboratory and milk receiving, and generate necessary regulatory reports.
- Provide support to laboratory personnel, quality control field services, and production departments.
- Supervise laboratory technicians, including scheduling, job assignments, time sheets, personnel evaluations, and resolving conflicts.
- Purchase supplies and maintain inventories for labs and areas related to quality assurance.
- Research equipment, supplies, and technical information for present and future needs.
- Provide efficiency reports to plant operations manager, monthly charges to the finance manager and payroll records to the payroll administrator.
- Coordinate necessary product testing with independent laboratories.
- Oversee a training program for new and existing lab technicians when necessary.
- Maintain on-call availability for laboratory and milk-receiving emergencies during non-working hours.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of their shift.Carries out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Food Safety Duties:
Responsible for reporting any food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
Management Team Responsibilities:
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3 rd party audits.
- Responsible for taking necessary action on all food safety and quality problems reported or observed.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related field.
Experience with supervision / personnel management.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively and to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
Must be computer literate with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
Must be a team player and be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company.
Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision
Fulltime position with excellent benefits; Salary is DOE.
Tillamook County Creamery Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Tillamook County Creamery Association is dedicated to bringing you the freshest and highest quality dairy products available. Because the...