Quality Control Manager-1300077
In support of Armstrong Floor Products (AFP), Armstrong World Industries is currently seeking a Quality Control Manager to support our wood manufacturing Plant in Warren, Arkansas. AFP is a worldwide leader in the manufacture and marketing of residential and commercial floor products. The Quality Control Manager will partner with manufacturing departments in controlling product quality at the source of production. Armstrong consistently seeks to enhance our products, optimize performance and overall operations. If you practice these principles, have a proven track record of leading quality initiatives in accordance with company guidelines and customer specifications, we would like to hear from you!
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position will oversee the Plant Quality Control Department which consists of 5 direct reports.
This position will require up to 10% travel.
- Managing a staff of Quality Control Inspectors (approximately 4 auditors, 1 technician)
- Working with plant management using quality tools such as: SPC, Process Capability Studies, Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, First Piece Approval, etc
- Gathering customer complaint and quality information. Performing data analysis for the development of correction action and reporting
- Gathering all quality auditing data and using this data to compile the required quality reporting to the corporate quality function
- Managing the quality polices for the facility working in conjunction with the Production Managers and department Supervisors on each shift
- Provides training, testing and certification of operation team, auditors and quality technician on all quality policies and procedures
- Work with plant operation team to develop and administer specifications, grading rules and other criteria associated with product quality
- Developing and maintaining applicable data and training records to ensure historical, current and targeted quality performance is captured
- Must learn and have working knowledge of all quality and grader rules
- Work hand to hand with floor operations to solve out of specification and special cause occurrences using root cause analysis
- Interacts daily with direct reports and periodically audit their work to assure their understanding and execution of job responsibilities
- Spend up to 40% of time on shop floor interacting with floor supervision and evaluating manufacturing processes
- Maintaining all plant gauge calibration and documentation systems
- A Bachelor's Degree in Quality Management, Business, Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of proven Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent project management skills,
- A working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques
We offer competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, long and short term disability coverage, 401k plan, paid time off, and product discount programs.
About the Company:
Established in 1860, Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong serves both the residential and commercial markets operating plants and distribution centers in eight countries with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
About the Location:
Our Warren Plant manufactures 3/4" prefinished solid oak flooring and employs a multi-cultural workforce of approximately 240 people working multiple shifts.
The city of Warren is located in Bradley County, Arkansas south of Pine Bluff and northeast of El Dorado. Well known in the area is the city's Courthouse Square, 1 of 10 other Warren structures listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Square plays host to the annual Bradley County Pink Tomato Festival, which celebrates the county's tomato industry.
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: AR-Warren
Other Locations: AR-Warren
Armstrong - 4 months ago
Armstrong is a global leader in the design and manufacture of floors, ceilings and cabinets.