A Fortune 500 company with over $5.0 billion in annual revenues, EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME) is a global leader in mechanical and electrical construction, energy infrastructure, and facilities services. EMCOR gives life to new structures and sustains life in existing ones by its planning, installing, operating and maintaining the sophisticated and dynamic systems that create facility environments---such as electrical, mechanical, lighting, air conditioning, heating, security and power generation systems---in virtually every sector of the economy and for a diverse range of businesses around the world. EMCOR represents a rare combination of global reach with local execution, combining the strength of an industry leader with the knowledge and care of 140 locations worldwide.
Job Title: -- Quality Control Manager
Job Summary: --
Manages Quality Control department and personnel to assure that product meets ASME Code, Industry and
Customer Standards. Assures that the company quality program and quality objectives are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
1. Assures that all products meet the ASME Code, Customer Specifications, and Industry Standards in a quality and timely manner.
2. Leads and directs the work of QC and Receiving Inspection departments.
3. Arrange and attend customer pre-fabrication meetings.
4. Review customer specifications prior to fabrication and identify inspection points. Notify customer of scheduled holds for performing inspections. Prepares Quality Inspection Test Plans (ITP).
5. Review final drawing and engineering package prior to fabrication. Notify engineering of any calculation or
6. Maintain Q.C. records and reports such as but not limited to: welding procedure specifications, welder operator performance qualifications, welder continuity records/log, nonconformance reports.
7. Maintain calibration records of NDT equipment, pressure test gauges, measuring equipment, and others as
8. Prepare and maintain QC job file: drawings, Bill of Material (BOM), Material Test Reports (MTR), NDT records, etc.
9. Performs or delegates visual and/or dimensional inspection of parts and components to support production
10. Oversees the evaluation of the finished product for quality and reliability .
11. Performs or delegates NDT testing, paint/coating inspection, and/or final inspection prior to shipment, as needed.
12. Maintain lab test records such as: charpy impact testing, chemistry , etc.
13. Generate ASME/NBIC Code Data Reports and Code Data packages. Review for accuracy and completeness.
14. Arrange for and schedule subcontractors, customer inspectors, and Code personnel as needed.
15. Provide job status reporting as needed to both internal and external customers.
16. Perform customer feedback and document as need. Initiates Corrective Action and resolution.
17. Assigns tasks to inspectors based on individual capabilities.
18. Applies statistical tools to aid in problem solving and process improvement .
19. Assures that quality inspection work is performed in a safe manner within company and industry practices and standards.
- Minimum of Associate Degree in applicable engineering discipline (i.e., QA/QC, Mechanical, or Materials)
- ASQ, Six Sigma, or Lean Manufacturing Certificate a plus
- Experience in ISO Standards and document control management
- Knowledge of the ASME Code, NIBC code, TEMA, and API industry standards
- Current or prior Certification in AWS, CWI, or NDT Level II (MT, PT, RT, etc.)
- Knowledge of the various manufacturing processes such as machining, drilling, weld fabrication, assembly and testing of heat exchangers or vessels.
- Application of statistical charting, root cause analysis, corrective action and problem solving tools for process improvement
- Good communication both written and verbal form.
- Comprehension of technical specification & requirements.
- PC proficient and general understanding of Excel, Word, and other computer aided programs
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/D/V
- Minimum of five (5) years in QA/QC or engineering related fields
- Minimum of five (5) years in supervising, developing and leading team members
Click here to apply online
Emcor - 7 months ago
Electrical and mechanical construction is at the core of EMCOR Group. One of the world's largest specialty construction firms, EMCOR...