The mission of the Quality Control Manager (QCM) is to provide leadership by ensuring QC personnel are trained and equipped, and that systems are established and maintained, in order to ensure high standards of quality product that meet internal and external Customer needs within AS9100 compliance.
The QCM will report to the Vice President Quality, directly overseeing personnel at Receiving Inspection (R/I), Machine Shop Inspection, Final Assembly Inspection, and Final Inspection (F/I). Collectively, these inspection entities are known as "All Inspection" or "All Insp". An emphasis will be placed on the implementation of Lean philosophies to optimize processes, while also maintaining adherence to governing regulations and standards. This position will require strong interpersonal and communications skills as it will interact directly with Customers, Suppliers, and all levels of Control Systems leadership.
- Responsible for QC staff (All Insp) that are integral to product conformance at the detail part, and final assembly process steps.
- Establish departmental metrics and goals in support of organizational strategic goals.
- Develop R/I metrics and drive improvements to ensure optimal flow of material to support Operations Value Streams.
- Develop data collection at the Machine Shop and Final Assembly operations in order to support First Pass Yield metrics.
- Identify F/I process improvement opportunities and drive changes to eliminate material stoppages.
- Create process metrics for QC functions that measure performance, and highlight improvement effort results.
- Review existing procedures to ensure the most efficient methods are employed, lead changes where needed, and revise procedures accordingly.
- Establish and maintain a sampling plan system for use in R/I operations.
- Author procedures that accurately reflect processes and are compliant to applicable standards.
- Ability to foster collaborative rapport with QC team to optimize team input in continuous improvement and Lean efforts.
- Communicate expectations with personnel by establishing individual annual performance goals, with follow-up, and provide the leadership to ensure their success.
- Develop and implement personnel training plans to improve competencies, such classic measuring techniques and computer skills.
- Foster and promote open communications with supported departments such as Materials and Operations with Customer Service mindset
- Develop and implement Certified Inspector program to cover all personnel receiving QC stamps, to include Receiving, In-process, and Final inspection personnel.
- Improve All Insp. documentation systems to allow for greater capture of measurement results, with a plan to implement an electronic storage system of data.
- Establish an archiving system of all inspection documents in accordance with Mason procedures.
- Establish cross-training with R/I and F/I personnel to support surge operations.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline's ethics and business conduct policies
Esterline - 19 months ago