Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
The Manager, Quality Control will report directly to the Director of Single Family Credit Risk in Fannie Mae's Underwriting and Pricing division. The ideal candidate will lead a team responsible for loan quality - developing, recommending, implementing and monitoring manufacturing quality and quality control standards.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
Manage a team responsible for:
- Conduct and manage credit analyses using advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data
- Lead her/his team in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively
- Advise internal team and customers about corporate quality control policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success in deals or transactions.
- Initiate and manage analytical, policy development, or integration effort within unit or with other corporate departments
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Work with unit staff who assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software to ensure conformity to corporate standards.
- Develop model approaches to new credit enhancement and risk sharing agreements. Work with business unit management to determine appropriate strategies for entering new mortgage markets with high model uncertainty.
- Advise marketing staff or customers about corporate credit policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success in deals or transactions.
- Conducting lender QC support, analyzing and reconciling information, supporting regional location lenders and account teams to ensure adherence to Fannie Mae Q.C. requirements, providing recommendations and best practices to team members consulting with lenders on improvement of Q.C., and creating and maintaining trend reports that quantify lender loan quality
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Master or Other Advanced Degree preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Supervisory experience including underwriting, quality control and risk management. Overall origination, processing and servicing management experience would be beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of Fannie Mae Selling Guide and Announcements required
- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in best practices and trends.
- Knows the industry; aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Strong relationship management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to recruit, manage and develop staff working in multiple geographical locations to create a highly performing team.
- A strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines, and achieving critical goals.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment.
- Must exhibit strong leadership skills and ability to execute prompt and decisive action.
- Must have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects; accurately scope complexity and length, and execute with energy.
- Must be able and willing to travel to support customer engagements, as needed (approximately 20 - 30%)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...