L.B. Foster Company, a 110 year old American corporation, is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets. We have recently been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record. The corporation owns divisions and subsidiaries that supply products to industries requiring rail and rail accessories; sheet, pipe and H piling; bridge decking and highway products; precast concrete buildings; and threaded and coated pipe. L.B. Foster markets its products worldwide.
At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our work force and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
The QC Manager is responsible for managing and directing the Quality Control Department for the Spokane Plant. Plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards. Manage the sampling and testing of materials for use in concrete products. Ensure customer requirements are met and all necessary data is recorded with no gaps in customer required information. Manages the calibration system and use of various kinds of gauges. Maintain ISO 9001 and PCI plant certifications.
• Manage the QC department and all inspection activities related to each stage of the manufacturing process
• Ensure the product is built to customer specification and all required data is recorded ensuring no gaps in quality records
• Manage sampling and inspection of incoming materials to verify their suitability for use
• Review customer requirements and design drawings
• Training personnel on quality acceptance criteria and manufacturing best practices
• Communicate quality acceptance rates to upper management. Provide project quality and test reports
• Manage outside inspectors and auditors
• Maintain all plant certifications, including ISO and PC
• Provide training and education regarding quality best practices
• Maintain QMS Tier III work instructions
• Maintain concrete mix designs and technology expertise as well as assist in development of concrete mix designs
• Provide technical support for production, sales, and engineering as needed
• Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and concrete products
Skills, Experience and Education:
• High school diploma and 7 years field experience or College degree and 3 years field experience
• Technical certifications related to manufacturing and concrete technologies, such as ACI or PCI, Certified Strength Technician, Certified Aggragate Technician, Certified Laboratory Technician Levels 1 & 2, and ACI Special Concrete Construction Inspector
In return, we offer an opportunity to build a solid career with competitive compensation and a very attractive benefits package, including first-day health care coverage and a market-leading 401(k) program. If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.lbfosterjobs.com
L..B. Foster supplies transportation, construction, utility, energy, recreation and agriculture markets with the materials necessary to...