TO APPLY FOR THIS POSTION:
STEP 1 - Submit or Update the Individual Information Form (IIF) selecting this Job ID number ( 40034 ) as one of interest.
STEP 2 - Go to ( http://www.engilitycorp.com/careers/job-search.html ) Enter this Job ID number ( 40034 ) in the Job ID portion of the site and follow the instructions to complete the application processes and post your resume.
--- +++ The information in this posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Engility is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Engility provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Engility maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
Engility Corporation was formed in 2012 and is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. Our name is derived from "engineering" and "agility" and we employ great people who anticipate and move quickly to serve our customers. Engility has about 9,000 employees in locations throughout the United States and worldwide. Our professionals provide a broad range of technical, analytical, operational, training, security services and products to government and commercial customers At Engility, we conduct ourselves with the utmost of integrity, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do
Our core competencies include SETA support, professional services, education and training, operational support, logistics and international capacity development..
- Bachelor's degree and/or Certified Quality Engineer preferred
- 10+ years of combined manufacturing , Quality experience in an ISO 9001 government contractor
- manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of metrology, and various inspection equipment.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with ISO 9001 conformity and certification.
- Dimensional and visual inspections using standard measuring equipment and government/military standards.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents including: engineering drawings, military specifications, purchase orders, and quality requirements.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Word, Office, Excel and able to perform functions using standard company programs.
- Requires excellent verbal and documentation skills, and must be able to work and communicate with Program Managers on a daily basis.
- Ability to assist and supervise shipping & receiving personnel.
- Previous supervisory/team leader experience required.
- Knowledge of shipping & receiving functions and over all knowledge of quality system requirements a plus.
- Experience in training others in Quality Inspection, as well as developing corrective and preventative action plans.
- Experience using excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills to influence senior leadership.
- Knowledge and ability to perform internal audits and supplier surveys.
- ASQ Certification preferred
- Standing, bending, sitting, lifting up to 50 lbs, squatting and walking for 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Exposure to Manufacturing/ Production Environments.
- Bachelor's degree or ASQ Certified a plus
- Six Sigma experience a plus
- Experience dealing with management leadership
- Excellent writing skills
- Visionary with long term focus - able to see the end result
- Ability to create an open environment supportive of free sharing of information and ideas that is also conducive to contribution, growth and achievements.
Applicants selected for this position will require an active DoD Secret clearance and background screening. Applicants selected for a security clearance will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirement for access to classified information.
The QC Lead/Supervisor is responsible for performing mechanical/dimensional inspections on sheet metal parts and assemblies, machined parts, raw materials using engineering drawings & specifications. Able to use standard inspection equipment (micrometers, tesa height gage, calipers, etc.) Visual inspections using standards. Perform receiving, in-process, final inspections and internal and supplier quality audits and surveys. Supervise and assist the shipping and receiving personnel in the daily operations. Work and communicate with various program departments and Managers on a daily basis. Will also assist the Quality Manager in the training of the Shipping, Receiving, and Inspection team members, perform and approve International shipments. Assist the Quality Manager to ensure that all inter-related departments comply to ISO 9001 requirements. Will assist in review of all contracts for quality and any special equipment requirements. Review all requisitions/purchase orders to ensure proper quality requirements are flowed down to all suppliers. The ideal candidate must be able to autonomously interact with Engility various program departments and Managers on a daily basis. The candidate will look for and encourage a work environment in which constructive coaching and feedback will be a normal part of continual improvement. Knowledge and experience with the Department of Defense and Government Contracting greatly enhance the candidate's ability to succeed in this position.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
Ensure all received product meets purchase order, drawings, specifications and or customer requirements.
Prepare non-conformance and supplier corrective actions when required.
Create, document, and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
Supervise and train others on the Quality Management System.
Supervise and Train the Shipping, Receiving and Inspection Department
Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing and various Program Managers regarding Quality issues, while maintaining positive relationships.
Assist the Quality Manager in process management, change management and advanced statistical techniques as necessary.
Create and execute a regular operating rhythm with the Manager of Quality and other Program Leadership.
Review and approve requisitions to ensure proper quality requirements are flowed to supplier.
Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long- and short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and tuition reimbursement.