Ensure that appropriate steps are taken to ensure product quality. May include, but not limited to signing documents as generated, completing investigations of non-conforming material, and providing notices to the Director of Quality Assurance and Compliance regarding necessary system modifications and/or updates.
Strong conflict management and leadership skills.
- Responsible for enforcing Quality Assurance policies and Business Process improvement at KLAD.
- Responsible for development of project specific Inspection Test Plans.
- Responsible for non-conformant management process.
- Provide technical input and support, as required. Participate in Customer Problem Report analysis and development of corrective actions.
- Complete document control and revision of modified/created documents Standard operating Procedures and work instructions.
- Take the assessment, point the high risk items and help create an improved testing plan.
- Maintain awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
- Coordinate with customers’ auditors and ensure the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers’ specifications.
- Establish standards of service for customers or clients.
- Partner with Purchasing team to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
- Must be comfortable presenting progress and status to management.
Must be able to lift 20 lbs. without assistance
- BA/BS/AS degree in Mechanical or Welding Engineering preferred or applicable working experience
- 5-10 years experience
- Working knowledge of ASME, ISO 9001, WPS, PQR (Welding Pro-Write)
- Working knowledge of ASTM and ASNT Standards
Current AWS CWI preferred
- Fabrication Experience is a must.
- Management or leadership over a QA/QC Team.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wyman Gordon is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 713-433-5151 for assistance.
Precision Castparts Corp. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power...