The Quality Control Manager is responsible for managing the day to day QC operations in support of manufacturing which includes supervising the CWI, NDE and Dimensional inspectors and provide leadership, discipline and guidance for these employees.
The QC Manager shall interface directly with manufacturing, production control and project management to insure company goals and objectives are met. This position will also be responsible for training and mentoring quality Engineers, Supervisors, and Inspectors in quality systems and provides technical guidance and leadership for the department.
- Provide leadership and direction to all aspects of the QC department
- Interface directly with manufacturing and the necessary QC support to meet production needs which includes coordinating inspection activities and establish group priorities and work assignments.
- Coordinate third party notifications and schedule third party inspection activities per contract requirements.
- Provide training, testing, documentation and record keeping on QC inspectors in accordance with ASNT TC1A and RTIES written practice.
- Develop Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) and Project Quality Plans (PQP) as needed to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for keeping current and accurate inventory of NDE equipment and supplies which includes calibration standards, MT equipment, UT equipment and AUT equipment and probes.
- Performs cursory reviews and audits of in-process activities and a thorough review of completed work packages and NDE reports
- Write, review and update NDE procedures as needed.
- Track Non-Conformances, analyze and implement changes for improvements
- Assist Technical Services in the review of supplier certifications and data books (supplier/internal)
- Manage QC department budgetary activities
- Any other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 10+ years hands on experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control in a manufacturing environment, including 5+ years of supervisory responsibility
- BS degree from an accredited university, or highschool diploma/GED AND 4 years relevant experience
- ASNT Level III in MT, PT and UT preferred
- Knowledgeable in inspection sampling techniques, calibration programs, ISO 9001-2000 and other specifications
- Deep understanding of industry codes and standards, (ASNT, ASME, ASTM, API, AWS, ANSI, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of welding and machining processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead and train employees
- Good analytical skills with a working knowledge of principles, practices, concepts and theories related to quality control
- Previous experience in the quality management of oil and gas projects in the manufacturing sector
- Familiarity with Top Tensioned Riser systems, welding, machining and fabrication
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook 2000