- To act as the facility Quality Control Manager and Safe Quality Food (SQF) Practitioner
- To assure continued improvement of quality through communication and review of product compliance to specification and to develop programs that assist in the improvement of quality.
- To implement, maintain, improve a comprehensive quality system to increase food safety.
- To implement and improve basic quality programs that assure compliance to specification, product conformity and food safety.
Location: Pennsylvania (West Chester)
Essential Job Functions – Duties and Responsibilities
1. Evaluate and develop processes and critical process points to assure compliance with specifications.
2. Continue updating ongoing HACCP programs
3. Work to assure continued improvement of quality through communication and review of product compliance to specification
4. Document production compliance with GMP, SQF and Critical Process Points.
5. Train production (and QC) associates in SQF and GMP protocols.
6. Monitor, upgrade and document an ongoing allergen program and other environmental programs such as organic programs.
7. Monitor, upgrade, and document food safety programs to comply with government, corporate, and industry requirements including allergen, organic, kosher and non-GMO programs.
8. Bring expertise in Statistical Process Control to increase our adherence to specification.
9. Work actively with supervisors and plant managers to increase our ability to be proactive and decrease problems during production.
10. Manage sanitation to ensure plant hygiene is improved and cleaning activities are scheduled as necessary, as well as training and assisting with the development or updating of SSOP’s
11. Conduct in house facility audits for compliance of all quality assurance programs.
12. Prepare for and participate in all third party plant audits.
13. Work closely with the R&D department during the industrialization of new products to assure adequate specification development
14. Update database to produce new specifications.
15. Manage QC technicians to assure that all programs are implemented.
16. Responsible for food safety and quality
17. Report food safety and quality issues to personnel with authority to initiate action
18. Maintain compliance to the SQF code
Quality Support Group – two employees
1. Bachelor’s Degree in food sciences, food process engineering or appropriate biological sciences.
2. 5 to 10 years work-related experience in food quality control with supervisory experience.
3. Working knowledge of HACCP, FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF and other relevant regulations such as organic certification and kosher a plus.
4. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a fast pace environment.
5. Exceptional communication, creative, analytical, and leadership skills.
6. Ability to interface and effectively communicate with both plant and corporate personnel.
7. Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point, Outlook.
8. Ability to meet attendance guidelines.
9. SQF Practitioner Certification
10. Canning license
You may apply for this position by clicking on the Submit button below. Please include salary history. No phone calls.
Drug Free Workplace
Hain Celestial Group
- 3 years ago - save job