Join a rapidly growing company and develop your career!
Honeywell International is a $37 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 120,000 employees in 100 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement.
UOP, a Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies Company , is a global leader of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries and is a leader in the R & D of petroleum and petrochemical processing.
Thomas Russell Co
. is now part of UOP. We are committed to providing skid-mounted modular plant systems to help our clients in the processing industry address the operating cost and flexibility issues that negatively impact processing costs and recovery efficiencies. In addition, we are dedicated to ensuring that our safe, high quality oil and gas processing equipment is consistently delivered at very competitive prices. Through our extensive field experience and our familiarity with the latest technologies, we produce process plants that are: dependable safe, easy to maintain, and designed for long life with minimum maintenance.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Quality Control Specialist located in Port Catoosa, OK. This position will contribute to the development of the Quality Control program including organization and improvements to the program as well as mentoring others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the Inspection Test Plan for assigned project. Test plan shall be project specific based on template and project specific requirements. ITP shall be reviewed with customer for incorporation of their hold and witness points.
- Plan and schedule the Pre-inspection Meetings (PIM) prior to start of fabrication at various equipment and module fabrication shops.
- Coordinate with Project manager, equipment requisitioner, contract inspection, and fabricator as to this activity.
- Actively participates in industry organizations through active membership, participation, and training.
- Work with Procurement to identify and obtain qualified contract inspection services for project fabrication needs. This will require review of resumes and telephone interviews to effectively identify proper candidate.
- Review all QA/QC reports from contract inspectors and progress reports for resident engineers to identify issues that need resolution and the timing of key inspection points. Work with project manager to give proper notice to customer as to timing of their indicated inspection participation at witness and hold points.
- Managing project quality issues including NCRs developed by fabricators. This includes working with fabricators to come to a good resolution and final disposition of the issue.
- Review of Customer Inspection & QA/QC specifications at proposal stage and identifying their cost implications where they exceed UOP standards.
- Quickly gathers, analyzes and applies relevant information to arrive at a broad understanding of problems and optimal solutions. Consistently makes sound decisions by distinguishing facts from intuition, and makes effective judgments by fully leveraging existing rules and procedures. Attend project team meetings and be up to date on all inspection activities and field reports, as well as status of all document reviews.
- Participate in QA/QC Community of Practice (COP) to keep up to date on current procedures, forms, and initiatives. This involvement will typically require some work in developing QA/QC infrastructure. Recognizes opportunities to make improvements and acts promptly to recommend changes to improve the work process or product.
- Provide technical support for the qualification of suppliers and the auditing of existing suppliers.
- 10% Travel, consisting of travel to fabrication shops, customer/client offices and sites.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Material Science
- Minimum 5 years inspection and QA/QC experience in the petroleum refining, petrochemical, or gas processing industries.
- Minimum 3 years experience with ASME codes and regulations.
- Broadly recognized for expertise in a technical or scientific discipline.
- Experience writing or reviewing Weld Procedures to ASME section 9.
- Experience reviewing NDE procedures to ASME Section 5 Working knowledge and familiarity with: ASME Section II A, B,C, ASME Section VIII Div 1, ASME Section IX, ASME Section V, ASME B31.3, AWS D1.1.
- Relevant work experience in Inspection and QA/QC engineering, constructability, field support and troubleshooting.
- Experience with foundation structures, air coolers, and rotating equipment
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) Certification.
- The following Certifications: AWS, ASNT Level II (one method), API 510, API 570.
- Familiarity with MS Office software.
- Ability to travel 20% annually.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell - 2 years ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...