ATK Aerospace Division leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, satellite components and subsystems, lightweight space deployables and solar arrays. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of our nation's capabilities in space.
ATK, Aerospace Division, is currently recruiting for several Quality Control Technicians in our Beltsville, MD location.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Qualifications for this position include:
- Performs specific analyses of samples of raw materials, packaging components, and bulk, intermediate, or finished products according to established procedures
- Determine conformance to accepted specifications
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Interpret, evaluate and communicate drawing requirements
- Participate in the closure of discrepant material issues
- Position could be 1st (6:30 am – 4:00 pm) or 2nd shift (3:00 pm – 12:30 am)
- HS Diploma or equivalent required (will be verified)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as Quality Control Technician
- Knowledge of CMM use and off-line programming is a plus
- Knowledge in all aspects of GD&T
- Ability to use of measuring tools and perform hand set-up required
- Proficiency in basic computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook
- Experience with PCDMIS software
- Ability to conform to safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work overtime as required
Competencies for Success:
- Advanced training in CMM Quality Control is preferred but not required
- Experience working in a aerospace manufacturing environment
This position can be filled one grade lower requiring a HS diploma or equivalent and no experience. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability and desire to learn
- Ability to work consistently with a high degree of ethics and integrity
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Nearest Major Market:
Quality, Technician, QC, Maintenance, 2nd Shift, Technology, Manufacturing, Night
ATK - 17 months ago
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...