PROJECT EMPLOYEE- this is a freelance position.
This Technician will be responsible for the technical evaluation of Standard Definition and High Definition television programs for audio and video quality and involves the operation of HD, Digibeta and DA-98 playback machines as well as a thorough understanding of waveform monitors & vectorscopes. Spanish speaking candidates welcomed.
- Evaluate programs as assigned by QC Administrator or as needed
- Analyze audio and video quality of programs in real time and via spot-check
- Fill out corresponding Tech Eval or Quality Control Forms itemizing technical specifications
- Identify Standards & Practices potential violations and send notification emails to A&E/THC managers
- Match producer Take Sheets with each program to confirm Take Sheet integrity
- Attend QC department meetings and follow all procedures as assigned
- Utilize computerized library system and update records accordingly
- Communicate with library, captioning and network mangers re: specific program status as required
- Maintain and submit QC and Tech Eval reports to QC Administrator
- Monitor incoming emails and facilitate requests as per Administrator’s instructions
- Turn completed programs in to QC Administrator with “Pass” / “Fail” recommendation
Minimum 2 years College/degree preferred. Knowledge of television production and/or post-production required. Working knowledge of HD and SD broadcast video, waveform monitors/vectorscopes. Must be extremely organized, computer proficient and possess strong communication skills.
We were founded in 1984, with two cable channels when cable was far from a sure bet. Now we’re a global entertainment media company...