Responsible for testing peptone manufacturing in-process samples; according to standard protocols and operating procedures.
Responsible for drying in-process and quality control samples for raw materials and peptone manufacturing products.
Participates in the review of documentation related to quality control including batch history records, equipment and test data and completes required documentation and database entries (using SAP).
Calibrates and maintains lab and manufacturing equipment.
Perform general laboratory duties as directed by departmental procedures such as filling pH buffer bottles, DI water bottles, and ensuring the laboratory and manufacturing work stations are properly maintained.
Expected to prioritize daily workload and work independently, exercise good judgment within defined procedures and practices, and determine appropriate actions.
Maintains accurate records and logs in accordance with SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures), FDA (Food & Drug Administration), GMP's (Good Manufacturing Procedures) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization).
Additional responsibilities as assigned by Lead Production Supervisor
Knowledge and Skills:
Education and Experience:
- Must be able to read, write and follow procedures.
- Must be able to maintain neat, accurate and complete records and files.
- Must be able to focus continuous attention to detail.
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner and detect and resolve problems in the performance of those tasks.
- Must have adequate communication and organizational skills to interact with required individuals and departments to effectively complete required tasks.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent is required. Minimum of 1 years related laboratory experience. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in an applicable field is preferred and may be substitute for years of experience.
- Moderate (proficient) level of proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a position requiring a high level of detail orientation required (ie. proofreading, inspection and / or data verification).
- Experience with sampling techniques, inspection standards, or use of analytical laboratory equipment (e.g.pH meter and autoclave)
- Excellent basic math skills and the ability to utilize Excel for basic calculations
First Shift / Day Job