Quality Control Technician -
, recognized by Dallas Business Journal as on e of the Fastest Growing Private Companies is looking for a Quality Control Technician to join our winning team!
will report to the Production Manager, and conduct quality control checks on finished electro-mechanical assemblies to confirm that quality specifications have been met. The role will also conduct incoming inspection on raw materials, components, and custom parts to ensure the purchased item meets quality specifications upon receipt. Quality Control Technician will also verify that electrical control panels meet UL508A standards, as well as making sure that all internal or customer assembly standards are being met by all production assembly personnel. In this role, the technician will provide quality guidance to the production personnel to ensure quality at the source is being maintained, and will also assist with training current and new team members on quality standards.
- The empowered Quality Control Technician will perform quality inspection on finished electro-mechanical products assemble b production personnel, and will ensure accuracy of build per internal or customer specifications with zero defective product shipping to customers
- Maintain log f all quality issues received internally or by customs.
- Ensure that relevant job documentation is accurate and up-to-date for quality requirements and work standardization.
- Perform rework to products to correct defective product.
- Ensure job safety and quality compliance
- Document, markup, and submit Engineering Change Requests to correct drawings, instructions, and bills of materials.
- Be the backup to the Production Manager when necessary.
- Travel to customer sites to discuss, and potentially resolve quality issues with products.
- MUST: Good knowledge of electrical systems
- MUST: Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and wire assembly drawings.
- MUST: Ability to read and interpret mechanical fabrication drawings, including tolerances.
- MUST: Test performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as multimeters and electronic controls testing equipment
- MUST: Have good communication and organizational skills.
- PLUS: Experience with electrical control panels or systems.
- PLUS: Supervision experience of production area.
- PLUS: Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word.
- PLUS: Experience with basic ERP systems, SYSPRO desired but not required.
- Experience: 3-4+ years of quality control experience
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent experience, 2-year Technical degree preferred.
- Must be able to work on their feet for 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to work consistently from 7am - 4pm with ability to come in early or stay late if needed.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. continuously.
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Personal Days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun Company Events
Innovative IDM - 13 months ago