NCI Building Systems is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of metal building components, custom engineered metal building systems and metal coil coaters in North America. With corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas, NCI Building Systems has 39 facilities throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Successful accretive and organic growth continue to propel the company ahead as the leader in the metal buildings industry and is creating exciting opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and interprets shop drawings, engineering drawings, erection drawings, bills of materials, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management, drafting, or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards. Recommend revisions to minimize fabrication errors.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, tolerances, ect.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and communicates to supervisors and management deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs tests, using a variety of tools/equipment on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristic.
- Enter data into computer for analysis. Submits clear, concise, and accurate reports of inspections and test results.
- Assist in monthly plant audits & reports.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be knowledgeable in methods or procedures of fabrication operations, erection details, and fabrication scheduling.
Ability to interpret governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions . Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers and work with others in a team oriented environment. Excellent computer skills word, excel, power point.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to use tape measures, squares, protractors, and micrometers
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid drivers license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
NCI Building Systems, Inc. is engaged in manufacturing and supplying of metal coil coating services, metal building components and...