Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts and documents receiving, 1st piece, in-process and final inspections. Does AS9102 documented inspections when required. Documents, saves and scans documents in appropriate electronic file.
- Uses precision measuring equipment such as RAM Vision System , Optical comparitors, Rockwell, Profilometers and precision hand tools to inspect product for approval or rejection at receiving, during manufacturing, prior to outside servicing and at final inspection per required sampling plan.
- Initiates non-conforming reports.
- Helps maintain calibration program, including scheduling and recordkeeping
Education, knowledge, skills and abilities:
High school education or equivalent.
Minimum 3 years of related mechanical inspection and test training. Training should include:
A) Basic shop math
C) Basic knowledge of inspection equipment and setup.
D) Computer knowledge using MS Office including Word and Excel-experience with JobBoss soft helpful
Experience with close tolerance and precise measurements.
Strong knowledge of and experience with small tool mechanical measurements, surface plate measurements, optical comparator testing.
Ability to work with customer blue prints, specifications and written/verbal instructions.
Familiar with basic computer functions.
Requirements for effective performance:
- Knowledge of all inspection/quality methods and procedures as they apply to assigned work.
- Knowledge of inspection equipment and testing techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively use precision measuring equipment and make standard inspection set-ups.
- Ability to perform inspection procedures that may not be standardized.
- Ability to measurably improve operations through active team work environment and participation.
- Deal effectively and cooperatively with established policies and procedures. Input changes as needed to inspection documentation