About the Company
SunOpta Food Solutions (SFS) is a division within the International Foods Group of SunOpta, Inc. (Nasdaq symbol “STKL”). SunOpta Inc. is an operator of high-growth ethical businesses, focusing on integrated business models in the natural and organic food and natural health markets.
The Control Technician will be responsible for monitoring quality control on food production line, ensuring quality specifications are met and ensuring product meets specifications.
- Monitor quality control on a food production line.
- Perform all testing and verification of equipment, product, packaging, and coding parameters as required by Standard Operating Procedures, and according to the specification for the specific product being manufactured. Communicate to appropriate production staff, maintenance staff, or management when problems arise.
- Record problem and solution on appropriate forms.
- Check paperwork for accuracy.
- Verify ingredients staged for production are correct per the recipe requirements.
- Check metal detector, seals and date codes every half an hour to ensure good results.
- Calibrate and clean equipment to ensure results are correct.
- Perform sensory evaluations of ingredients and product.
- Must be able to work any shift and weekends when required.
- Ensure that packaged product meets all quality specifications.
- Report directly all quality related activities to the QA Manager.
- Follow company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices) and all other quality programs.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- Responsible for ensuring work area is clean and organized.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a member of a team.
- Strictly adhere to all Safety policies.
- Committed to ensuring that the products produced meet all food safety and quality requirements.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience testing PH levels bricks and viscosity
- Micro-Plating experience preferred
- Food Manufacturing experience preferred