At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren’t only the trees and timberlands we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we’ve been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the leaders in timberland management, and manufacturing and distribution of wood products in the world.
The Holden Lumber facility is located in Southeast Louisiana. The facility has the capacity to produce over 130MMBF of southern yellow pine lumber annually. The site is a part of the Softwood Lumber Gulf South Area. This position will report to the site Quality Supervisor.
The Quality Control Technician will perform quality inspections on our lumber products, collect and analyze data, maintain and troubleshoot our electronic quality systems including automatic grade scanners, UV code printers and readers and other automated quality monitoring systems.
Pay for this position will range from $16.00/hr to approximately $20.00/hr depending on experience and qualifications.
- High school education – vocational school courses preferred
- Education and/or experience troubleshooting electronic equipment and computer networks
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong math and data analysis skills
- Mechanical background and aptitude.
- Interest in and be willing to learn lumber manufacturing and lumber grading
- Good communication skills.
- Willingness to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts – weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Have a good work record – safety and dependability.
- Self-motivated and able to follow instructions precisely.
- Be able to read, write and follow specific printed directions.
- Willing to commit to training that will require personal time for self-study materials.
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce.
Weyerhaeuser - 17 months ago
If a tree falls in a Weyerhaeuser forest, someone is there to hear it -- and he has a chainsaw. The forest products company produces a...