The Quality Coordinator provides administrative support to the Quality department team and SWH quality improvement and regulatory requirements
- Handles incoming communication and other requests to the quality department and triage as appropriate.
- Works to coordinate member mailings for regulatory or process improvement projects utilizing USPS system
- Maintains calendars for department staff, including scheduling meetings.
- Coordinates production of materials for and take minutes at Quality meetings (ex. Quality Management Committee, Medical Advisory Committee, regulatory audits, staff meetings).
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with SWH leadership and staff.
- Works to organize and maintain and update all essential documentation (CMS and state, NCQA etc) documents as needed.
- Organizes and maintains essential documentation in a cogent manner e.g. libraries of policies and procedures, annual and other quality reports, regulatory notices, audit documents.
- Assists with state and CMS reporting.
- Works with SWH’s QI team members to convene various QI committees and work groups, set agenda to drive desired meeting outcomes (based on contract and accreditation requirements), and ensure proper recording of committee activities.
- Uses discretion and seeks guidance as needed on department activities and projects.
- Develops and maintains familiarity with regulatory and NCQA requirements.
- Acts as subject matter expert for continuous quality improvement activities, educating staff of other functional areas regarding the QI process and accreditation requirements.
- Assists in developing short-range plans for overall quality improvement program activities. Refreshes the project schedule as needed to accomplish the accreditation and regulatory reporting activities.
- Bachelors in a health care area preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a health care delivery organization, such as a managed care organization or a hospital environment.
- Quality management strongly encouraged.
- Basic knowledge of Medicaid and/or Medicare programs.
- Ability and willingness to learn from technical manuals and communications regarding Government (CMS and State Medicaid) and accrediting entity requirement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Basic analytical skills.
- Position will be located in Cambridge MA.
- This is an office based position with minimal travel to other SWH locations.