The leading health insurer in the Philadelphia region, Independence Blue Cross is a company in motion, continually refining our processes and products to offer the best value to our more than 3.1 million members nationwide. As a pacesetter in the dynamic health care industry, Independence Blue Cross is not only a leader, but also an innovator, growing and expanding into new markets to enhance the health and wellness of the people and communities we serve.
The individual ensures quality call response by conducting needs assessments; designing manuals; presenting training programs; evaluating training effectiveness. The individual will be responsible for call monitoring, process improvement, mentoring/coaching of employees, and quality assurance in a Call Center Environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a call center; possess technical knowledge of service quality management with a focus on soft skills and customer service. Knowledge of Medicare Benefits preferred. The individual must have effective oral and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Competencies and Key Actions
- Conducts call center training needs assessments by collecting information regarding response systems, human interactions, and information systems requirements; understanding job-specific functions and tasks.
- Participates in design of call monitoring formats and quality standards.
- Performs call monitoring and provides trend data to site management team.
- Uses quality monitoring data management system to compile and track performance at team and individual level.
- Participates in customer and client listening programs to identify customer needs and expectations.
- Provides actionable data to various internal support groups as needed.
- Coordinates and facilitates call calibration sessions for staff.
- Provides feedback to team leaders and managers.
- Prepares and analyzes internal and external quality reports for management staff review.
- Prepare staff to pass the bi-monthly agent testing.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Takes action to meet performance standards, striving to meet and exceed expectations • Maintains commitment to goals, showing persistence in overcoming obstacles and frustrations.
- Displays strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done to improve performance.
Customer Relationship Management
- Displays flexibility and openness to changes and improvements in daily work routines
- Demonstrates the drive to learn and acquire new skills and knowledge to support new processes, tools, business initiatives or changes
- Supports efficiency and effectiveness to the sales process.
The qualified individual must possess a minimum of 2 years call center experience. Possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and an active PA, NJ and WV license in Health and Accident insurance is required for this role. The individual should have some past experience in any quality administration related activities.
- Clear Communication- Engages in clear and concise exchange if information to educate customers or prospects through understanding and anticipating their needs.
- Customer Focus – Builds customer confidence through honest communication and effectively managing expectations. Responds to customers in a manner that generates satisfaction and exceeds expectations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Independence Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All resumes submitted directly to an Independence Blue Cross Family of Companies employee from a vendor via email, the Internet or in any other form without a valid written search agreement in place for this position from the Independence Blue Cross Family of Companies Human Resources Department will be deemed the sole property of the Independence Blue Cross Family of Companies . Please note that no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by the Independence Blue Cross Family of Companies as a result of the referral or through means other than our established process.
Independence Blue Cross - 2 years ago
Independence Blue Cross (IBC) provides health insurance and related services to some 2.2 million members in southeastern Pennsylvania and,...