The Quality Data Reporting Specialist responsible for planning and managing all required quality data collection and reporting projects, e.g., HEDIS
, CAHPS, Health Outcomes Survey) to assure complete, timely and accurate data reporting according to contract requirements and accreditation standards. Develops project plans, coordinates activities with internal staff and external vendors and auditors, and assures timely completion of all tasks within budget. Leads data analysis efforts to identify opportunities to improve completeness and accuracy of data reporting as well as to improve overall quality performance.
Required Education/Licenses and Competencies:
- Develops and manages the annual project plan for HEDIS data collection and reporting, including tasks, milestones, and timelines; coordinates activities with internal staff, external vendors (HEDIS software and medical record retrieval/abstraction vendors) and auditors, to assure that all required deadlines for data collection and reporting are met.
- Develops and manages project plans for completion of CAHPS and Health Outcomes Surveys; coordinates annual processes for these surveys with contracted vendors to assure contractual requirements are met.
- Communicates and coordinates all required project activities with internal staff and external vendors and auditors to assure understanding and effective implementation of project plans.
- Tracks and reports project status regularly to the QI Manager and others as requested. Takes initiative to identify and address barriers or issues that may arise that may affect progress; identifies and recommends corrective actions to assure plans remains on track.
- Leads efforts to assure complete HEDIS data collection, including analysis of claims data and medical record retrieval data to identify opportunities to improve data completeness.
- Assists with the development and dissemination of reports on year-to-date HEDIS results to providers and internal staff to support ongoing improvement in HEDIS results.
- Leads analysis of CAHPS and HOS survey results to assist in improvement efforts.
- Maintains current competence in CMS and Med-QUEST reporting requirements, HEDIS technical specifications, CAHPS specifications, Medicare Star Ratings technical specifications, software vendor requirements, auditor requirements, and other related requirements to assure timely compliance and completion of the project plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration or Data Analysis/Statistics
- Over 2 years of relevant experience
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills with computer systems and software programs (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams
- Strong data analysis skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Managed Care background, with experience in HEDIS and CAHPS data collection and reporting