The Quality Director reports directly to the Area VP and
GM of the Atlantic Business Unit.
- Create the strategic vision of the company’s Quality
program for each area and ensure adequate
- Review operations and confer with technical staff to
resolve production or processing problems.
- Set and monitor product standards to ensure finished
products are of prescribed quality.
- Implement preventative measures, risk analysis, COQ
and RCA quality tools to improve performance
- Establish initiatives with area Vice President to
improve the organizational performance and
effectiveness; plan, develop and implement a
Management System based upon ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and
ISO 19011 and a continuous improvement process;
review, maintain and update the management system
manual to ensure that it is concurrent with
corporate policies and guidelines.
- Provide Project KPI and Project QI information for
area monthly reports; audit and measure the
effective performance of the work process function
and discipline to identify areas of improvement and
verify compliance to system; conduct management
review with senior management to determine
suitability of the management system for compliance
and its effectiveness.
- Assign Project Quality Manager to projects and
initiate preventive measures for key concerns based
on lessons learned from previous projects.
Responsible for the overall project quality and
welding in the organization for onshore and offshore
- Provide technical support for materials and welding
for bids and projects; resolve any technical issues
- Plan and administer Quality Education for all
employees at all levels.
- Administer the local R&D budget to forecast
- Manage the QA, Welding Engineering, Inspection, NDT
and Certification functions for Fabrication and
Marine and administer vendor inspection activities
of project procurement through assigned coordinators
for EPCI projects.
Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering and Management
or foreign equivalent degree.
Three (3) years of lead or managerial experience
developing Project Quality Plans, executing Quality
Assurance and Quality, Environmental and Auditing
Management Systems based on ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products.
McDermott - 20 months ago