The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of quality including but not limited to direct involvement with Product Development, Operations, Production, and Purchasing in matters concerning Quality Assurance and Supplier Qualification. Will work with appropriate business functions to identify and eliminate waste, identify and minimize process variation, and systematic drive to root cause elimination of defects.
- Ensure that products meet the desired quality specifications and attributes through engineering analysis, designed experiments, testing and capability studies.
- Support the design and development of new products and participate in process design and development activities.
- Work with Sales and Production to ensure advanced quality plans including critical dimensions, control plans, process flow diagrams, SPC plans and FMEA’s etc. are initiated during the earliest stages of each product.
- Participate in risk analysis for product designs and processes. Responsible for improvement to products through results of failure analysis and recommend design changes.
- Contribute to the development of systems intended to reduce total process variability.
- Manage document control process, document change requests and initiate approval process for all new designs and for changes to existing designs.
- Help resolve internal and external customer complaints and non-conformance to include but not limited to RMA’s, customer feedback, corrective or preventive action when necessary.
- Create detail-working drawings to internal design standards.
- Management of the ISO 9001:2000 Quality system, which includes calibration system, internal and external audits, training, engineering/design documentation, part number generation, supplier surveys and liaison with external ISO Registrars.
- Develop an effective non conforming material system with tools and methods of identifying root causes and the systematic year over year reduction of defects.
- Drafting support for both new products and modifications to existing designs.
- Bachelors Degree in technical field with 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Solid Works (or equivalent design software).
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings and geometric tolerances.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Knowledge and use of all applicable measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, work instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be detail oriented with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Sound understanding of Lean Manufacturing principals & fundamentals
- Strong PC experience using Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Project, etc.
- Knowledge of Ceramics processes and materials a plus.
- Customer centric attitude.
Attractive benefits package includes vacation, paid holidays, 401k, profit sharing, medical/dental/vision/life insurance. Salary DOE
Pyrotek, a Spokane based International Company has an immediate need for a Manufacturing Process Engineer in our Spokane Valley, WA...