The Quality Engineer will be responsible for monitoring quality standards for Dietary Supplements manufactured for Beachbody. He/She will be responsible for inspecting manufacturing practice compliance, raw ingredient quality and finished product performance. He/She will be providing quality engineering support to the Quality Department.
The Quality Engineer will act as a primary technical interface between Beachbody and our contract manufacturers to ensure that all documentation, including formulas, specifications and methodologies are in place.
About Your Duties:
In this position, you will be responsible for:
About Your Experience:
- Conducting statistical analysis of test results to ensure manufacturing process capability in meeting product specifications and proposing process and specification changes as required.
- Providing general Quality Department support (audits, failure investigations, complaint investigations, new product start-ups, GMP compliance monitoring, etc.)
- Verifying receipt, release testing and documentation of raw ingredients used in Dietary Supplements.
- Verifying established and approved manufacturing practices.
- Verifying established and approved packaging and documentation practices for finished packages are followed.
- Verifying and approving finished product COAs.
- Collecting and maintaining retainer samples and support Beachbody’s product monitoring program.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2 ~ 4 years in Quality Assurance/Quality Control in a dietary supplement/drug manufacturing environment.
- 1 ~ 2 years of auditing experience.
- Knowledge of application of statistical methods.
- Proven track record of process improvements.
- Ability to work independently and solve conflicts effectively.
- Must be proactive, personable, effective and supportive of immediate management.
- Detail oriented individual with high level of analytical ability to problem solve and create/find solutions utilizing an 'out-of-the-box' mindset.
- Solid written communication for drafting reports and correspondence. Must have strong verbal communication skills along with good close vision and depth perception.
- Must have working understanding of 21 CFR 111 cGMP regulations.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biology and/or Microbiology.
- Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- MS degree a plus.
Beachbody, creator of the nation’s most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions including P90X®, Insanity®, and Brazil Butt Lift®, among many others, is a rapidly growing fitness company.
Founded in 1998 on the simple principle of helping people achieve their goals and enjoying healthy, fulfilling lives, Beachbody offers an unprecedented opportunity to be a part of a global movement where your work is valued and measurable.
Decidedly un-corporate, Beachbody encourages employees, or Dudes as we call them, to bring their unique selves to work, employ a progressive mindset, have fun, and G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done). Your personality and willingness to embrace our culture is equally important as your skills and resume. We are passionate about what we do and expect the same from you.
Our founders, Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, have created a highly collaborative and energetic atmosphere complete with competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefits, free Shakeology, hourly fitness classes, and product discounts. Beachbody is an equal opportunity employer and is always looking for humble, top-notch talent prepared to influence positive change.