Market leader and innovator in online video services, real-time video quality optimization and analytics provider to premium content sites around the world is looking for a Quality Engineer to join their exceptional team in San Mateo.
You are a quality oriented, self motivated, and excited to learn new technologies. You adapt to changes quickly, and have a passion for meeting technical challenges under aggressive deadlines. You will develop processes including test case development, test case execution, and End-To-End integration testing with customer player and company's backend. You will be directly responsible for consistent successful integration validation with zero unknown customer impact and meeting deadlines. The quality engineer will work closely with other members of QE Team, members of integration team and, development team to accomplish these tasks.
The company operates a software as a service (SaaS) platform providing real-time video quality optimization and analytics to premium content sites around the world. Their platform includes large scale data collection and storage, real-time big data processing using open source and proprietary technologies, real-time optimization algorithms, etc.
- Primary owner of integration validation
- Maintain and extend automation tools for internal use to support player validation
- Work with multiple teams to develop customer player validation plan and process
- Help define best practices for on-going customer player validation with our backend
- Constantly evaluate and improve the validation process to be more efficient, more defect free, and have higher velocity
- Debug and report issues with players
- Strong desire to work for a dynamic, growing company and eagerness to learn new technologies
- 2+ years of experience in software testing
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux command line tools
- Some scripting (Shell, Perl, Python) experience and ability to write simple scripts from scratch
- Desire to learn test automation and excel in scripting
- Excellent analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
- Good communications and interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple teams
- Bachelor degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent
- Familiarity with networking
- Experience with browser plugin video player validation is a BIG PLUS
- Experience with issue tracking tools like Bugzilla and Jira
Elti Solutions is a global talent search and recruiting company specializing in providing growing firms with top quality executive,...