Quality Engineer 3
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
AOA Xinetics (AOX), a Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) strategic business unit, is currently seeking a Quality Engineer 3.
The Quality Engineer 3 will develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. They will collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place; devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. The Quality Engineer will also design and analyze inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and perform statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. S/he audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction; ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
The Quality Engineer may specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality; and/or they may be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
S/he will contribute to the completion of specific programs & projects.
The Quality Engineer should have a complete understanding and wide application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
S/he is responsible for independently determining and developing approaches to a wide range of technical solutions.
Solutions should be imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
This position works under only general supervision and is a frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts liaison.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Science/Engineering or related field and 5 years experience as a QA Engineer
- Must be able to obtain security clearance
- Understanding of Configuration Management Systems
- Understanding of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) issues
- Knowledge of Material Control, Production Control and Inventory Controls processes and traceability techniques
- Versed in Supply Chain/Procurements Systems and ability to interface and resolve supplier issues
- Must be able to accurately document work
- Must have experience in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must have the ability to travel between Cambridge, Devens, and East Hartford locations. (drivers license and car required)
- Experience in Space/Aerospace Organization
- Training in Reliability Engineering
- Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance
- AS9100/ISO9001 Lead Auditor/Auditor Certification
- Green Belt/Black Belt Six Sigma Certification
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Masters Degree in Science/Engineering or related field
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 19 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...