An excellent career opportunity exists at our Associated Spring, Bristol Division for a highly motivated Quality Engineer. We are looking for a self-starting, self motivated candidate who can take ownership of the automotive and industrial aspects of our quality system. The position will drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the manufacturing process and lead corrective action initiatives at the Bristol Division. We are looking for a strong key player in our expanding quality department. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, enjoy a challenge and are looking for a career building opportunity, please submit your name for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- As an APQP and PPAP team leader, develop Process Flow Diagram, Process FMEA, and Control Plan, operation and inspection instructions and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and the company throughout the APQP process from initial design review to successful PPAP submission.
- Respond to, research, determine root cause, develop and implement corrective actions for customer complaints.
- Support the production process by handling all aspects of supplier quality including evaluation, development and corrective actions.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality systems are maintained in accordance with the TS16949, AS9100 and ISO 9000 standards and as well as incorporating customer specific requirements and reviewed annually. Will recommend, develop, implement and audit systems, procedures and changes.
- Developing, implementing and auditing quality procedures and processes.
- Ability to develop corrective actions utilizing the 8D methodology.
- Minimum 3+ year’s experience in Quality Engineering (certified internal auditor a plus). Proven ability to tackle projects independently
- Proficient in quality application tools including SPC, APQP, PPAP (process flow, FMEA, Control plans, Gage R&R, Capability analysis), DOE, ISO9000, and TS16949 requirements.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written) and excellent interpersonal skills supporting a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Must be analytical and possess a strong aptitude for DETAIL.
- Must be “change agent” and thrive in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of AS9100, implementing SPC software, six sigma, lean, internal auditing, team leading and facilitation
- Highest degree of integrity and ethical behavior is essential.
Education Requirements :
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com , click on Careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Engineering discipline.
At Barnes Group Inc, career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support Barnes Group Inc. business objectives.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard