Under minimal supervision, leads operational process improvement through metrics, problem identification, root cause analysis and developing and implementing corrective action. Takes a proactive role in helping drive continuous improvement throughout the organization. Ensures successful design and implementation of the metrics, quality plans, Statistical Process Controls, and internal audits. Leads management reviews at the division or affiliate level. Performs other duties as needed to ensure successful implementation of the Quality System. |
- Works with operations and other staff to identify issues, conduct root cause analysis, and develop and implement corrective actions.
- Facilitates resolution of Corrective Action Requests (CARs) by identifying owners, working with staff with root cause analysis and appropriate corrective actions.
- Plans and conducts internal quality audits, including project folder and process audits.
- Develops quality metrics, including Statistical Process Controls and analyzes data to drive continuous improvement.
- Designs, implements and maintains of the Corporate Quality Plans and Systems at the direction of Quality Assurance management.
- Develops complex processes and process maps. Develops, implements and leads quality improvement teams.
- Provides quality training, consulting and standards interpretations.
- Leads accreditator assessments and problem investigations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis and plan/implement corrective action.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, to interact with all levels of the organization, and to present and facilitate discussions of the findings .
- Detailed knowledge of quality systems principles including ISO 9001:2000.
- Detailed knowledge of process mapping and process redesign.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quality audits.
- Detailed knowledge of auditing tools and techniques.
- University degree ( Bachelor's degree) in Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- Generally nine years of directly related experience.
Products that pass the muster of this company get the UL symbol of approval. Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is one of the world's...