Responsible for QA engineering functions to investigate, monitor, report, and maintain Yokogawa product quality in accordance with established procedures and applicable international standards and local codes. Will be knowledgeable of Yokogawa products and processes working in a global Yokogawa culture team environment. Job may require domestic and international travel.
- Perform mechanical, electrical and/or visual inspection of products or components using precision instruments such as calipers, micrometers, scales, height gauges, pin gauges, multimeters, RCL meters, Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), visual imaging system, etc.
- Work as a leader and facilitator to organize and guide group continual improvement activities, and projects as assigned.
- Process nonconforming material reports. Issue reject slips and Corrective Action Requests (CAR), both internally, and to suppliers.
- Participate in Material Review Board meetings to identify items rejected and the cause of the rejection/defect with senior level manufacturing personnel.
- Investigate product and process failures, write technical reports, present data in a group setting.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Yokogawa peers and Yokogawa customers and suppliers.
- Perform ISO internal audits of production lines and other areas as assigned. Perform supplier audits.
- Perform light clerical duties including filing, and data entry using YCA accounting software.
- Extensive use of MS Office software, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
- Responsible to ensure quality of work processes. Has the authority to stop those work processes at any time it is believed quality is being compromised.
- Track and record Quality Data Metrics.
- Create official product and process certificates as required, inspect, review, sign off on customer orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Team building and direction.
- Mechanical, electrical, and process inspection and analysis.
- Report writing and group presentation.
- Mechanical and electrical inspection.
- Internal and supplier audits.
- ISO and continual improvement working environment.
Education: B.S. or higher degree in electrical, mechanical, chemical, or industrial engineering from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Relevant skills and experience include familiarity with international, local, and civil industrial codes; machining and fabrication; engineering team environment; supervisory experience; CAD mechanical and industrial design; process and product troubleshooting—root cause analysis; ISO accreditations and auditing.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the environment is reasonable. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is required to talk, hear, and reach with hands and arms to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include depth perception, ability to adjust focus, close vision, and color vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Yokogawa Corporation of America - 5 months ago
Yokogawa Electric really knows how to measure up. The company is a leading global manufacturer of industrial automation and control systems...