Summary of Job
Designs, installs and evaluates quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques. Analysis of quality data. Designs or specifies inspection and testing methodologies, mechanisms, and equipment. Recommends revision of specifications when indicated. Formulates or helps formulate quality assurance policies and procedures. Conduct training on quality assurance concepts and tools. Interfaces with all other engineering components within the organization and with customers and suppliers on quality related issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Continuous Improvement
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns
- Customer Quality Interface
- Process Audits
- Internal Quality Audits
- Analysis of quality data
- Customer complaints & Corrective actions follow-up
- Review quality reports and drive actions to improve quality
- Coordination and driver of continuous improvement program
- Document and/or review all procedures and processes
- Candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years experience in a manufacturing environment, specifically in a quality control or quality assurance capacity.
- Proven experience in the areas of Statistical Process Control, data analysis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelors in Business or engineering
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer/Manager (CQE/CQM) is desirable
Safariland is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive visual clarity to be able to detect defects
- Ability to read and interpret Commercial Pattern and Commercial Spreadsheets
- First article report generation. Data collection as required by Quality Manager
- Problem solving skills. Knowledge of problem solving tools, i.e., 8D, 5 Why, etc.
- Skilled in use of computer programs (Minitab, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Practical application experience in ISO, TS, or EMS, specifically test and evaluation. Must have experience as lead auditor/Management Representative for ISO 9001
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
- Mathematical competency required
- Statistical knowledge with regard to process control. Capability analysis, and data analysis is a must.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
For more than 25 years, Safariland Armorwear has consistently produced the most technologically advanced bullet-resistant products for law...