Performs duties relating to inspection, laboratory testing, statistical process control and salvage operations. Implement, maintain and modify as appropriate the companies/plant's quality management system to improve business operating systems and meet the requirements of customer and best practice audits. Lead/assist with the corrective action of quality related problems at the plant and/or customer location and start-up of new products/processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepare, review and evaluate data and information and develop recommendations for use by plant and Quality Manager.
Utilize key measurement data to develop quality plans with clear definitions of objectives, actions to be taken and time lines for completion.
Utilize quality techniques to reduce process variations or refine process parameters based upon results.
Assist in problem solving techniques, investigate and recommend new techniques in statistical quality assurance problems.
Perform root cause analysis and failure investigations. Assist in identification, tracking and trending of corrective and preventative actions to ensure items are closed out on a timely basis.
Act as plant resource to standardize formal investigations through process evaluation, template development and training.
Develop and implement systems that will track the performance of manufacturing processes.
Establish requirements for effective statistical QA systems. Process statistical QA data and issue reports
Assist in development of SOP’s and Work Instructions.
Lead and facilitate problem-solving teams.
Analyze customer complaints and manage corrective action plan implementation
Demonstrated ability to articulate the corporate vision with regard to quality, and to match that vision with action, conveying a strong, clear sense of purpose.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the QA technicians.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities also include interviewing, addressing complaints, and problem solving.
- Training and development of QA technicians.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. A degree in Mathematics or Engineering is strongly preferred.
- Professional Accreditation in Quality Engineering and Systems is strongly preferred. If a candidate does not have the accreditation, he or she must meet the following development objectives: 1) Take at least one exam within six months from start date; 2) Achieve some level of the following: ASQ (American Society for Quality), CQE (Certified Quality Engineer), CQT (Certified Quality Technician) or CQM (Certified Quality Manager).
- Excellent working knowledge of performance measurement and monitoring methods is required.
- Five or more years experience with plastics and/or packaging or other high speed, high volume conversion processes in the production environment is preferred.
- Must have professional demeanor and ability to work effectively across responsibility levels in internal and external (customer) organizations.
- Must have excellent communications skills, be highly organized and competent in documenting and sharing knowledge.
- Must have well-developed organizational skills and people management skills. Ability to create and maintain a cooperative team environment is required.
- Must have thorough understanding of functional design of production systems and be able to perform systematic problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Must have good computer skills, familiarity with Office, Statistical Analysis, Process, Product Control and Designed Experimentation software tools.
- Must be self-starting, self-motivated personality type, able to work independently according to competent direction with minimal supervision.
Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond in group environments.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics inference, and fundamentals of geometry, trigonometry, and statistics.
Reason: Ability to define problems. collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
Work Environment: The job functions described here are representative of those encountered while performing the responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Level of Authority
You have the right to hold for inspection any product you feel does not meet customer/company specifications
Those employees with authorized training have the ability to shut down/stop equipment if continued operation is a threat to any employee’s health and safety. Contact any member of management without fear of reprisal concerning questions, suggestions, or complaints regarding quality, working conditions or job environment.
Amcor - 20 months ago
Amcor Limited? Hardly. The package maker offers a near unlimited range of boxes, cartons, cans, flexible and film packaging, PET...