Barnes Aerospace – Lansing, MI has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and experienced Quality Engineer. The incumbent will assist the Quality Manager and organization in its relentless pursuit of exceptional quality by driving a strong quality culture, leading and participating in root cause corrective actions, developing processes and procedures, and supporting the needs of our fast paced critical component repair facility. If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement, and if you want to feel a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment in your contributions; this position may be of interest to you.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Development, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Must interface with all internal organizational groups as well as with vendors and customers.
- Maintain strong communication with Customers, internal management team, and Vendors to ensure quality level is meeting expectations.
- Prepare First article and VSE packages for Quality Manager and customer review.
- Work with Purchasing in developing purchase orders with First article and VSE requirements.
- Integrate new parts into the quality system, working with customers, engineering, manufacturing, and the quality department.
- Execute activities related to the development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processing materials into finished materials or product.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and specifications to indicate present product and process standards, and establish proposed quality reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Investigate and provide solutions to problems for process and product non-conformance and MRB.
- Perform and support AS/ISO/Nadcap/customer/supplier quality audits of process and products.
- Participate in cross-functional teams on process control, improvement, and optimization projects; participate in other continuous improvement projects (i.e., Kaizen, Baseline, Production Preparation Process (3P).
- Minimum (5-7) years of experience in Quality Assurance and/or Control
- Capable of maintaining, auditing and improving an established Quality Management System in Aerospace or other regulated industry (CQE or similar preferred)
- Strong root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action skills
- Familiar with measurement and test equipment operation and calibration in a manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing experience or other similar continuous improvement program – Six Sigma (GB/BB certification preferred)
- Knowledge of Quality Control and Quality Assurance systems, processes and techniques
- Statistical Process Control background and familiarity with quality inspection equipment, technical drawing and specifications
- Previous experience with customer and supplier relations and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point, and Access
- BS Degree or Pursuant of BS Degree in a related engineering discipline.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 19 months ago