Barnes Group Inc. - Associated Spring - Saline, MI Division is currently seeking a highly motivated Quality Engineer. Quality Engineer will assist the Quality Manager and organization in its relentless pursuit of exceptional quality by driving a strong quality culture, leading and participating in root cause corrective actions, developing processes and procedures.
Our Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization
- Lead the translation of customer, industry, & regulatory requirements into appropriate manufacturing & inspection methods and transfer them into standard work to ensure quality is achieved in-house and at suppliers. Approve manufacturing planning documentation.
- Participate in new product development and/or introduction planning (APQP)
- Lead the preparation of pre-production validation package for Customer approval: Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Perform risk assessment analyses and implement risk mitigation plans employing standard risk management techniques (i.e. DFMEA / PFMEA, Control Plan, etc.)
- Perform system, internal process audits and supplier quality audits.
- Disposition product non-conformances and process non-compliances within customer, industry & regulatory constraints. Obtain customer coordinated dispositions, as required.
- Perform containment, root cause analysis, corrective, and preventive actions (RCACAPA); train and mentor other associates to perform effective problems solving using standard tools (8D, 3P-5Why, etc.)
- Perform standard product testing, such as, fatigue test, load loss, etc. and use data to drive improvement in product and process development.
- Lead, participate in and facilitate cross-functional teams on process control and optimization projects to stabilize and improve first passed yield; participate in other continuous improvement projects (i.e., Kaizen, Baseline, Production Preparation Process (3P))
- Develop / refine problem solving & process improvement methods & toolkit, and train employees in-house, within SBU, and at supplier.
- Participate in communications with customers and regulatory agencies to achieve resolution of quality issues and administrative matters.
- Participate in customer and regulatory agency on-site compliance audits.
- Ability to travel 15%
- Proven ability to read drawing and specifications and connect technical requirements to appropriate manufacturing & inspection methods (i.e. GD&T)
- Strong quantitative, analytical and statistical skills.
- Must be able to make timely decisions, set priorities, and execute plan to meet Customer and team commitments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to effectively influence and motivate others; must be able to deal with ambiguity and various changing requirements
- Must read, write, and speak fluent English, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at industry requirements and standards (TS16949): Customers and regulatory
- Proficient computer skills on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and statistical tool (i.e., Minitab)
- Minimum of 5 year experience in automotive or related field
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field
- Six Sigma Green Belt; Lean certification a plus