Broadwind Energy is seeking a Quality Engineer for our Brad Foote Gearing division located in Cicero, IL.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
· Responsible for assisting the daily activities in final inspection and ensuring the established quality control procedures are followed.
· Lead problem solving teams, determine root cause(s) for defects; Interface w/ manufacturing & technicians to implement corrective actions to resolve quality issues.
· Perform internal & external audits and provide support for customer audits.
· Assist Quality Manager in developing & maintaining the QMS procedures & work instructions in compliance with ISO 9001.
· Review all inspection records for compliance and be the responsible authority for the release of customer products after final inspection.
· Interface with all levels of employees regaring quality requirements and issues.
· Deal with designated customer contacts regarding quality issues and ensure a high level of customer service.
· Participate in and lead MRB activities.
· Maintain the Gage Calibration system for the company.
· Track and report quality metrics, analyze quality data to evaluate the effectiveness of current processes or proposed changes.
· Other tasks and duties as assigned by reporting manager.
To be successful in this position you will need:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical or manufacturing preferred) or equivalent direct work experience.
· Minimum of 3 - 5 years of Quality or Manufacturing Engineering experience required; a suitable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
· Strong hands-on and logical problem solving skills.
· Self–starter with capability to handle multiple priorities with little or no direction as required by business condition.
· Gear Manufacturing Experience highly preferred.
Broadwind Energy applies decades of deep industrial expertise to innovate integrated solutions for customers in the energy and infrastructure markets. From gears and gearing systems for wind, oil and gas and mining applications to wind towers, to comprehensive remanufacturing of gearboxes and blades, to operations and maintenance services, and specialty weldments, we have solutions for the energy needs of the future. With facilities throughout the U.S., Broadwind Energy's talented team of 800 employees is committed to helping customers maximize performance of their investments—quicker, easier and smarter.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our website www.bwen.com to learn more about our organization .