Responsible for developing suppliers/new components through the APQP process and AIAG production part approval process – travel as needed to review supplier process and corrective action verification.
Liaison between engineering, manufacturing, purchasing and supplier regarding quality issues.
Monitor supplier quality through weekly and monthly ppm reports – request and obtain corrective actions per these quality spills.
Analyze daily component quality issues-disposition MRN and initiate CAN’s per these issues.
Surveys potential new suppliers; determines potential supplier’s ability to meet quality standards.
Direct technical and administrative workers involved in quality assurance activities.
Apply statistical process control and gauge R & R methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
Review and analyze supplier PPAP’s and quality issues.
Communicate with suppliers regarding current Calsonic manufacturing issues and scrap.
10. Perform supplier process audits and GP-9 ( run@rate ) evaluations.
11. Communicates frequently with internal and external contacts on various issues.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
***Multiple positions on 1st and 2nd shift.
Position is to monitor supplier quality through weekly and monthly ppm reports, develop new supplies/components through the APQP process and AIAG production part approval process; act as liaison between engineering, manufacturing, purchasing and supplier regarding quality issues and visit and survey potential suppliers for ability to meet quality standards.
- Intermediate to advanced experience (beyond basic data entry) working with computer applications such as Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint, and other presentation applications and/or software.
- Experience related to products, process and gagging or inspection.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline and up to two years of experience in related field
- Master’s Degree and up to one year experience in related field.
- Certification may be required in some areas.
- Have experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications.
- Have strong communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs.
- Be able to pass all background checks and pre-employment tests, including any required drug test.
- Be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information s/he encounters.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
CalsonicKansei North America Inc. - 15 months ago