How does it feel knowing that DENTSPLY International; the
premier dental company in six continents with over 10,000 employees
around the globe, the world-wide industry leader in innovation and
technology is looking for you to join the team! At DENTSPLY
International, we do not hire employees, but true business partners
who will live the DENTSPLY vision: Always First in dentistry;
delivering world-class dental products with world-class precision
DENTSPLY's broad global product platform helps dental
professionals serve patient's oral health care for a lifetime, from
preventative services to tooth replacement. Our products range from
general dental consumables and laboratory products to products
supporting the dental specialty markets of orthodontics,
endodontics and implants. With a presence in more than 120
countries, our geographic footprint virtually mirrors the dental
market. Please click on the link for additional information on
The Quality Engineer is
responsible for developing test methods, write protocols, perform
DOEs - execute testing, and perform MINITAB analysis of results,
evaluate process stability and capability, and prepare test
This position requires a proven problem solver with the
ability to use data to identify, analyze and solve complex problems
and eliminate the overall Cost of Poor Quality related to the
facilities processes and products. In addition, responsible
for coordinating resolution of lower level issues by leading
smaller teams of personnel from all areas of Manufacturing,
Engineering, Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Technical
Education and Experience:
- Works closely with R&D, Design engineering,
contributes in developing quality specifications for new
- Updates dFMEA and pFMEA within process development,
ensures compliance with GMPs.
- Keeps track of new tooling prototypes, identifies and
assumes responsibilities for storage of the engineering samples.
Performs essential measurements, testing, analysis, keeps records
and communicates to team about findings.
- Performs light mechanical design for quality gages and
fixturing, reliability analysis, problem solving and continuous
- Communicates with suppliers about inspection and test
results of prototypes. Maintains revisions of process
- Analyzes Non-conformance event and complaint data
analysis, investigates root causes, proposes improvements, and
maintains NCE / CAPA documentation.
- Documents data obtained during all quality activities
using good documentation practices.
- Communicates significant issues or developments
identified during quality activities and provides recommended
process improvements to direct supervisor.
- Initiates corrective and preventive action (CAPA) plans
with root cause analyses.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Minimum 3 years full time experience in a Lean Six Sigma
Quality engineering role
- Two (2) years of practical medical device manufacturing
experience is preferred.
DENTSPLY International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Working knowledge of FDA, cGMP and ISO
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Experience with ASTM methods
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodology, SPC techniques and MINITAB
- Organization and analytical skills
- Detailed oriented, high energy, self-starter, who
exercises sound judgment and deliver against company business goals
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills, both
orally and written.
Dentsply International - 2 years ago