Eaton Corporation in Jackson, MI is seeking a Quality Engineer supporting New Program Development. This position is functionally responsible for designing, developing, coordinating and deploying quality engineering tasks for development projects utilizing PROLaunch tools. They will work with process QE’s to develop process improvements and cost control initiatives linked to new program development. The position will require the review of customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements. They provide technical support to operations, customers, and suppliers as needed. They will also provide training as necessary.
The essential job functions of this position are:
- Completes quality engineering assignments with minimal supervision.
- Define, specify, and implement quality standards and procedures for manufacturing processes.
- Lead cross-functional teams assigned to new projects and product development.
- Provide technical guidance to Product and Program Management.
- Assure that product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Develop and implement corrective actions including verification activities.
- Participate in customer and third party audits as needed.
- Provide technical support to both internal and external customers and suppliers as needed.
- Formulate and implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards. Ensure these documents align with the recognized aerospace quality system standard as well as Eaton objectives, policies and procedures.
- Manage all New Program deliverables and participate in all assigned PROLaunch and new program teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Up to 25% travel may be required. Travel may include either international or domestic assignments.
Eaton - 21 months ago
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...