FW Murphy currently has an opening for a qualified Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer is responsible for addressing Quality related issues in production, both process and supplier related. This includes quarantining suspect material, coordinating teams (Manufacturing Engineers, Planners, Supplier Integration Managers and Supply Chain Managers) for root cause issues, and ensuring corrective action is implemented in a timely fashion. The QE will participate in continuous improvement efforts.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Providing Quality leadership and subject matter expertise within a designated value stream team.
- Leading root cause analysis and corrective action activities related to product non-conformances reported by customers.
- Applying statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviewing nonconforming purchased products or components and supporting the material review board process and supplier issue resolution.
- Planning and conducting inspection, test, analysis, and design activities to assure the quality of assigned products or components.
- Communicating significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and providing recommended process improvements to management.
The Quality Engineer also does the following:
1. Provides Quality leadership, technical problem-solving, and subject matter expertise within a designated value stream team by 1) tracking scrap and performing financial analysis to quantify cost of poor quality, 2) identifying negative trends in product performance and service issues using statistical methods (SPC), 3) leading continuous improvement activities in order to improve process and product performance, and 4) auditing processes for compliance to ISO standards.
2. Leads Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action activities related to product, service, and process nonconformances reported by internal and external customers and funneled through the MRT process and Case Management.
3. Coordinates efforts of the organization and suppliers to identify nonconforming material and prevent its recurrence by 1) studying the scrap shelf to differentiate between "trend" and "trickle", 2) facilitating the MRB process and dispositioning products, 3) communicating technical aspects of NRs to suppliers and 4) managing the SCAR process.
4. Continually seeks to accomplish the mission and improve the organization by 1) displaying a no-excuse can-do attitude, 2) providing a superior level of customer service by exceeding internal and external customer expectations 3) staying aware of developments in quality knowledge and tools in the quality industry, 4) spreading the message of Quality and Organization Excellence throughout the organization, 5) teaching others, 6) influencing others to be all they can be, and 7) building coalitions and relationships among customers, suppliers, and employees within FW Murphy.
5. Endeavors to uphold professional integrity and adheres to the ASQ Code of Ethics.
Education: B.S. Degree in engineering is required.
Experience: Desired experience includes 3-5 years in a Quality Engineer role in a production environment. A background in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies is desired.
FW Murphy offers a variety of competitive benefits including:
- Incentive compensation plan
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription benefits
- On-site medical clinic 5 days a week
- Short and long term disability benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- 401(k) Profit Sharing with Company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Legal care benefits