Florida Tile has an opening for a Quality Engineer in our Manufacturing Facility in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky. This position will report to our VP of Manufacturing.
This position will help drive continuous quality improvement in our Lawrenceburg, KY manufacturing facility, maintaining Florida Tile's reputation as an industry leader in quality products. The position will interact daily with the Manufacturing Management team to help drive process control and improvement. Identification and elimination of waste throughout the manufacturing process is a key objective of the Quality Engineer. The QE will be responsible for assuring FT products made in our Lawrenceburg, KY facility meet or exceed industry standards. Duties: • Oversee Quality Assurance lab with supervisory role for Quality technicians in 24/7 factory.
- Interpret ANSI and internal standards when reviewing production issues. Engage in testing and developing new test methods and standards.
- Work with QA inspectors and Manufacturing to develop standard limits for 1st and 2nd choice material, and maintain defect library. Monitor production and challenge if selection does not seem appropriate.
- Evaluate, track, and respond to customer complaints concerning manufactured products. Provide feedback on complaints to plant management team. Evaluate existing inventory and rectify issues to prevent further claims.
- Track number of complaints and cost of complaints. This is the primary tracking tool of job performance.
- Track production receipts versus production records and reconcile with NDC.
- Develop specifications for new products being produced and existing products as needed.
- Maintain library of product targets for color/texture and corresponding application targets, break-downs.
- Review and maintain QA Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor and improve process control to provide quick feedback concerning shade, physical properties, and defects.
- Understand, monitor and be prepared to program automatic measuring and selecting devices.
- Oversee routine properties testing in house and verify with outside laboratories.
- Maintain and provide technical specification files for manufactured products.
- Comply with legal and corporate guidelines on business ethics
- Bachelor's Degree in Ceramic Engineering
- 5 years of quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Ability to discern color differences a must
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Solid decision making skills
- Documented history of process improvements.
- Project management skills
- Working knowledge of Italian is an advantage.
- ASQ Quality Engineer certification
- Experience in automated tile manufacturing environment
Florida Tile, Inc. - 22 months ago