Founded in 1944, Franklin Electric has grown from a small motor manufacturing company into a leading global provider of complete water systems and fueling systems. Recognized as a technical leader in its specialties, Franklin products are found in residential, commercial, agricultural, industrial, municipal, and fueling applications.
We are seeking experienced Quality Engineers with manufacturing experience in our Madison, WI location! Take a look here to find out more information about our wonderful town! http://www.cityofmadison.com/
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position involves quality control and quality improvement activities related to the purchase, manufacture and assembly of products that include castings, extrusions, machined components and moldings in a regulated environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively analyze and root cause quality problems and customer complaints; develop and implement corrective action plans and improvements to products and processes
- Participate in new product development including identification of critical characteristics, control plans, PFMEAs, flow charts, gauge selection and development, capability studies, gauge R&Rs, and development of inspection criteria and/or visual aid.
- Participate in product design reviews including identification of problems and recommendation of solutions related to measurability, performance, reliability and feasibility
- Proactively identify, lead or participate in opportunities that continuously improve products and manufacturing processes consistent with Franklin Fueling System business objectives.
- Drive supplier improvement by auditing and analyzing supplier capabilities, and improving quality assurance plans at existing suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, or a related field (required).
- At least 7+ years of relevant education or experience in a quality or manufacturing engineering role (required).
- Significant experience / in-depth knowledge of design of experiments and statistical process control (preferred).
- Detailed knowledge of interpretation of mechanical drawings and mechanical/electrical metrology
- Demonstrated failure analysis experience working across functional groups to determine root cause.
- Effective project management, analysis, reporting, writing and presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
sologig - 11 months ago