The Quality Engineer creates and executes test and inspection plans for products to assure continuous improvement of product quality. The Quality Engineer works closely with Quality Account Managers and Carrier customers to identify and resolve issues impacting customers. The Quality Engineer assures timely capture and issue resolution through closed loop corrective action system. To be successful in the Quality Engineering role, a candidate will be passionate about quality and act as a champion for continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will have:
- Audit/troubleshoot field returns to validate failure/defect and assure aligned with customer complaint
- Create failure symptom groups and identify major defect drivers to target for engineering analysis
- Perform side by side testing of devices at customer location to validate defects and align test methodology
- Co-develop and execute test and inspection plans for products and communicate/report results
- Assure adequate RF Test process in place for devices
- Evaluate flash processes to assure adequacy and minimize “false” failures
- Establish and execute test plans targeted to reduce NTF through enhanced test and triage processes
- Load and track issues in CITS issue tracking system to assure closed loop corrective action
- Assure timely EWP capture, validation and delivery of devices to appropriate locations for failure analysis
- Audit and assess test and inspection processes for adequacy and effectiveness to detect failures/defects and assure alignment to customer complaints
- Validate solution effectiveness through product and/or process audits
- Support customer driven quality initiatives within HTC to achieve best in class performance
- Assure timely detection and escalation of product and process issues in support of overall quality initiatives
Equal Opportunity Employer
- BA/BS in a related field, e.g. mechanical, industrial, or electrical engineering
- Candidate is required to possess 3-6 years of relevant experience in the wireless industry, preferably with extensive experience with RF testing of wireless devices
- Professional experience working in consumer electronic or related industries in a quality capacity
- Experience in the launch of new products and sustaining product quality throughout the product lifecycle.
- Excellent relationship building experience with external customers and internal stakeholders in product development, sales, distribution, and manufacturing team required.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Innovative, analytical, and problem solving skills a must.
- Candidate must possess convincing presentation and communication skills that addresses and assures HTC customers.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment a plus
- ASQ certification a plus
HTC - 2 years ago